Thursday, July 15, 2010

Girl's Weekend 2010 - Dallas

Kassie and I have started a tradition of getting together for a girl's weekend once each year. Last year we met in San Antonio, and this year we decided to meet in Dallas, which is half way between Beaumont and Altus. It was a bit different this time, as we decided to bring Ashlyn along. We were all pretty excited since Kassie had not seen Ashlyn since she was 8 months old. On the way to Dallas, I explained to Ashlyn that she had to be a good girl all weekend if she wanted to be included in "big girl" plans in the future. With that said, we met Kassie and headed straight to the American Girl Bistro. Ha Ha Ha Dinner was pretty good. The presentation was super cute & girlie. Ashlyn enjoyed having "Baby" with us, especially since they gave her a booster chair.
Kassie and Ashlyn checking out all of Baby's new clothes and blanket.
Saturday, we decided to hit the Dallas Zoo.

After walking around for a bit, we took a chip break & waited for the monorail.


Kassie and Ashlyn


"I do dis"

Ashlyn LOVED the elephants!


She thought that the giraffes were pretty cool, too!

We could almost pet this one, not that Ashlyn was a bit interested in reaching out to him!


A nice gentleman, standing beside us, bought this PIECE of lettuce for 5 bucks to feed the giraffes. Thanks sir...we appreciate getting to see them close up for free!

The last stop was the children's petting zoo. We checked out the horses, chickens, pigs, and goats. Ashlyn went into the goat pen. It was pretty cute for awhile.


This goat may have scared my little dear for life! After chasing me for Ashlyn's sippy cup, (I had it hooked on my purse) he decided that her hair was the second best choice! He was wrapped in it and boy did she scream!!! Her final words to him, "Ashy go home! No mo zoo!" With that, we hit the gift shop & then headed to the hotel for an afternoon nap. When Ashlyn woke up, we hit the Dallas Galleria for some shopping! We have to train her early, right? Don't be fooled, she already loves to go "shop pin"!

Checking out the shoes with Mommy and Kassie. There were SO MANY to try!
After shopping for a bit, we headed back home. On the way, we stopped at a Steakhouse for dessert and coffee. I knew it was a bit for Ash, but since it was Girl's Weekend, there were no rules, right? I explained to her that she had to be quite and still, or they would make us leave. Well, apparently the "after bed time cake" was the perfect prize. She sat with us and was very well behaved! I must admit, I was super proud.
We went back to the room & I let her hang out with Kassie and I for a bit. We painted nails & she modeled our new shoes for us!

On Sunday, after Kassie left, Ashlyn and I decided to hit the Galleria AGAIN!!! We went to this wonderful shoe store.

The serious face was priceless! The sales lady was explaining that she could try on ANY shoes she wanted to, as soon as we knew her size. Ashlyn walked around and pointed out all of the sparkly ones, "I do disssss one!"


It was a blast, but all good things must come to an end, so we headed back to Oklahoma! As I drove out of the parking lot, I noticed, Ashlyn was already asleep in the back seat. All the shopping kicked her! Ha Ha I also realized the real reason that Rick settled us in Charleston...there are no real malls in driving distance = we won't go broke! Love you honey!!!

No comments: