Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little House on the Prairie!

Okay....not really Little House on the Prairie, but as close as I can imagine. On Sunday, Rick had a ton of studying to do, (Air Force classes as well as his Masters work) so I put Ashlyn in the car, and we headed out on an adventure. First stop, Lawton. Not thrilling, but we found a museum. The Museum of the Great Plains. I have to be honest...picking the wild flowers was her favorite event!


"More mommy!"


Checking out an old coffee store.

Pretty cool!


We went through the indoor Museum, as well. There was a whole exhibit about the makings of a tee pee. I thought I did a great job of taking it down to a one year old level...apparently NOT!!! I tried to get a picture of Ashlyn sitting in there. She ran out saying, "they hurt animals, Mommy!" I guess the furry rug on the floor didn't do it for her!

Pretending to be a horse!


Cooking over the camp fire by the wagon!

Ash kept trying to feed this horse her bread. I laughed & tried to explain to her that he was mad at her for putting that silly hat with flowers on his head. She said it was pretty and he liked it so much!


The tractor ride & drive was NOT a good deal, either! Such a beach girl!


The view between Altus and Lawton....Yep, I posted this on my blog!!!

I guess this is an example for the family of what we see..........told you!

Actually, we are having fun with this...Cara, my niece, is doing a class project this year. She has chosen Oklahoma for her state to explore. Ashlyn and I promised to collect pictures, flags, post cards, and anything else that we can find to help with the presentation. Hopefully the trip to Oklahoma City will provide more exciting information. We are going to try to find the waterfalls and explore the zoo & wildlife refuge, too!

No comments: