Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last Week of School!

Ashlyn and I really enjoyed our first year at HIS School. We both made new friends; she had wonderful classmates and I was surrounded by best team of teachers ever! It didn't take any thought when we were asked if we would be coming back in the fall...of course! Oh' I have to add, after many prayers, I have excepted the job teaching the twos next year! Yea!!!
Bubbles are still a BIG hit. I think kids may love them forever!
Chapel...Every Wednesday, our class went to chapel. It started out to be quite the challenge for the ones. In the beginning, we had to take them in a stroller. After Christmas break, we started taking them to the front row. We would make it through the singing & then sneak out. By the end of the year, our little angels could make it the whole 30 minutes!
A close up of Ash...I wanted to prove that she really sits still and pays attention! I am so proud of her. She even remembers the words to some of the songs. She has repeated them to me at home! Her favorite is, "Jesus Loves Me Everyday!"
The Friday one's sitting still while Ms. Karen reads a book. I never thought it would or could happen! The kids really surprised us all this year!
You might think she's crazy.....So, all of the classes were having a water day during the last week of school. Well, all of the classes except for the ones. I thought long and hard & decided that I was not happy with that decision. Maybe the pool idea was too much, but there had to be a compromise. Hannah and I talked & agreed that our one's deserved some fun, too. with that, we brought a slip n slide, some crazy sprinklers, bubbles, and snacks. It turned out to be a wonderful day! We love our little ones!!! Slip N Slides & Sprinklers....it was great! The kids had a blast & I am proud to announce that there was not a single melt down...SUCCESS!!!


Avery & Ash...we met Avery & her Mom, Julie, when Ashlyn was 4 months old. Avery was in Ashlyn's Little Gym Class. You might remember her from the Halloween pictures. She was the adorable little goldfish. I was blessed to have her join us at HIS School & in my class. Avery welcomed little sis, Macey, one week after school was out! Congrats Julie!
The key to every one year old's heart...fruit snacks and popsicles!
The class...Ms. Hannah, Andrew, Kiera, Avery, Luci, Ashlyn, and Ms. Leah! Not pictured...Matthew, as he does NOT sit, ever! Ha ha I am really going to miss my little buddies!!! They will all be moving into other classes next year, except for Avery, she will be with Ashlyn again!

No comments: