Friday, November 6, 2009

Trick or Treat...The Franke Home

Every year, the MOMS Club goes to the Franke Home the week before Halloween to visit with the residents. It is a very fun day! The kids dress up and parade through the halls. The residents sit in the lobby and halls, waiting to see the costumes. Some folks have candy, cookies, and cards to share. The kids have a little party at the end.
This year, I was super excited to get to go, as I used to work in the assisted living community at the facility. I hate to say it, but I have not been visiting the residents like I promised myself I would. I think it is especially hard since Mama is no longer there & some folks that I used to be very close to have passed away. I guess the kids were a distraction from all of my emotions...it turned out to be a very awesome experience! I love that I got to visit with everyone & that they all got to see Ashlyn! (They were all SO excited for me when I was pregnant)
Visiting with a resident that is very dear...she used to be the only person that did every single activity that I planned. She always did them with a smile, too!

A very special friend..."Lollipop"! This was the lady that taught me how to play Bridge when I worked at the Franke Home. She is the sweetest and most entertaining person I think I have ever met. She & her daughter were always very special to me. I am so thankful that we were able to see her. It had been about a year...they came to our house after Ashlyn was born. I will never forget her or the advice she gave...esp. while I was pregnant! She always liked to hear about Rick because her husband was in the Air Force & was also a pilot!





Visiting a resident's room...Ashlyn loved the figurines on the dresser. She had to check each one out & make the animal noises over and over. I think the ladies loved getting to spend time with her. We stayed in the lobby for almost an hour. She was looking at all of their animals and really enjoying the attention. She even danced and did "happy feet" for them. It made my heart smile to see how happy everyone was...it was a wonderful reunion for me.

No comments: