Monday, September 28, 2009

Edisto here we come!

Mimi and Papa Collette decided to go on a much needed vacation for four days, so Rick, Ashlyn & I volunteered to "Grandma sit" with Mama Fountain. It was a very special weekend for me, as I wanted Ash to spend some time with Mama. Ash was very sweet to her. She would play in the room & Mama would watch her. Then every once in awhile she would go over and rub Mama's leg and say "mam ma" in the softest voice! They ate meals together & I will never forget the kiss Ash gave Mama one night after Rick and I got her in bed. AWESOME! Many thanks to Rick for helping me, too. I am very proud of his "nurse" skills. It really meant a lot!
Bath Time! If only I had known that measuring cups were so very entertaining!!! Here I am spending money on bath toys, and I had some in my kitchen all along!
Mama's sitter came for part of the day, on Saturday, so Rick and I took Ashlyn down to the beach for a little bit. We went to the sound, which is the area that we took Bono as a puppy, as well as the area we used to go walking when we were dating. My family has always enjoyed the calm waves there because the kids can swim & there are often dolphins around. A great place to keep in our lives, as it holds a lot of history...wonderful memories!

"Look Daddy, what's this?"


Edisto in September = A Little Bit of Heaven!!!
Watching the seagulls fly around.
"I AM going to get me one of those birdies!"
Yummy! Papa gave me a moon pie...I had never heard of one, but I decided that I like it a lot!!!
Mimi and Papa came home on Monday & Ashlyn and I spent the day with them. Rick had to leave earlier that morning to go into base.

1 comment:

Bud Skidmore said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip to our wonderful island. To stay informed about Edisto make www.PreserveEdisto.org one of your favorites. And come back soon.
Bud Skidmore