Thursday, June 18, 2009

School Dayz!

Summer school...
So, we have a new adventure in our summer plans! I have been interested in getting involved with our church's Learning Center. They have a school for children ages 1 to Kindergarten. I was talking to a friend about my idea & she suggested that I start out as a sub, so that's what I did this past semester. Then, in May, she called & asked if I would be interested in filling in two days a week at her church for the summer. I decided to give it a go, as I found out that Ashlyn would be able to attend & would be in MY class!!!
So, here she is on her first day, at snack time, with her new buddies at her table! She did very well & I am happy to announce that I did not cry even once, as I watched my BIG girl learn how to keep up with the class. (I won't tell you how many times I had to breathe slowly! Ha ha)
If all goes well, we might take on the school year...we'll keep you posted!


No comments: