Sunday, October 9, 2011

Shower Time!

As the time for "Baby C's" arrival drew near, we were overwhelmed with the love shown by our friends and family. I was surprised with a wonderful dinner and shower from the Mom's of the children in my class. Ms. Kelly and I were invited to dinner at a local favorite, Tsunami, where the girls had games and gifts waiting. I was very blessed to have such caring Moms and wonderful children in my class. Thank you all for such a wonderful year & for helping me celebrate our new addition!


Me opening a blanket from Beth Dennis. This gift became a favorite. It was just the right material for a June baby...cute and soft, too! Ms. Kelly and I with the Moms at dinner.
A couple of weeks later, "Baby C" was honored again with a celebration at Sue's house. Sue, the leader of HIS School, and the other teachers hosted a shower & invited a few of my close friends, as well as my Mom, Ms. Terri, and Glenda. It was a beautiful party & the ladies went above and beyond to show their love and excite for the new baby.

Beautiful flowers and candy that they made...the suckers were white chocolate diapers!

Shanna, Kelly, Charmaine, Mom, and Heidi

Glenda watches as I open the wonderful gifts for our new baby.

baby C's new pink tub...the girls had it filled with everything you could possibly need!


Sue, Christie, Marie, Jennifer, and Ms. Terri


Ms. Nease, a family friend for years and years, made this blanket for the baby. She sent it by Mom. She is in her 90's and still making these beautiful baby blankets for everyone. I have one that she made for Ashlyn, too. What special treasures to have!!!


The final celebration was at Aunt Jan's. She and Glenda planned a beautiful family get together. Ashlyn went this time, and was very excited to help me open presents for her new baby sister. She was super sweet and happy all day!

Aunt Jean, Terri, Rosemary, and Shelly

It was awesome, Aunt Jean happened to be in town visiting Ms. Terri and Bob, so she was able to join us for the afternoon!

Ashlyn and Hayley helping open the gifts. They had such a great time!


Mom's cousins Pam, Jan, Lori, Rebecca, and Gail.


I am so thankful that Grammy was able to be with us to celebrate. At the time, she had no idea that our new arrival would be named after her! It was so hard not to say anything, but I wanted it to be a surprise!

Grammy and Ashlyn


No comments: