Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chadwick party of 4!!!

June 27...so I was having contractions just after midnight. Rick and I loaded up the car and headed to the hospital. We called my parents to meet us there and hang out with Ashlyn.


Rick and Ash patiently waiting to see if Baby C would be joining us! We waited & waited and finally the decision was made...it was NOT time! We headed home & were there by 6 am. We were all so tired! Later that morning, I called Dr. Dennis and we decided that I should rest for the remainder of the day. We set up the appointment for the following morning at 8:30...I would be induced! Rick and I headed back to the hospital on the 29th.


Ashlyn was with her grandparents and would come to hospital as soon as we called. We checked in & to my surprise, things went pretty smoothly and quickly. We had our new addition in just over six hours from arriving!



Introducing Anna Hazel!!!

June 29th, 2011

2:41 pm ~ 8 lbs 8ozs and 20 ins
Holding onto Daddy's finger just minutes after being born!

Mommy holding Anna for the first time!Things were a little bit different from the time Ash was born. Instead of taking the baby to the nursery right away and bathing her & testing her ears, etc., they left Anna in the room with me for about an hour. It was perfect. Ashlyn was able to come in right away and meet her baby sister. Then, all of Anna's grandparents came to meet her. Aunt Glenda was there, too. She brought Cara and Brooke along as well, but they were not able to come back to the room because of age restrictions. The girls were able to see Anna through the window when she went to the nursery. Rick showing Ashlyn her new baby sister. She was SO EXCITED!

I'll never forget that moment!



Ashlyn wanted to hold Anna right away!

The first of many kisses!

The Chadwicks!

Ashlyn was so proud & had lots of questions about Anna!

Ashlyn opening her necklace that Rick and I gave her for becoming a big sister!

Meme and Popa meeting Anna!

Nana and Papa with Anna

Aunt GlendaDaddy and Anna


Rick and I visiting with Anna before she had to go to the nursery for a bath and some testing.

Ashlyn watched through the window as the nurses took care of Anna. Apparently she kept knocking and saying, "don't hurt MY BABY!" She continued calling Anna "hers" for several weeks. I didn't get to see all of this, but I hear that it was very sweet!


Not too sure about all of this...

Anna in the nursery after her first bath.Our second little angel...what a blessing...God has been so good to us!!!

Ashlyn was with us most of the afternoon. She went to dinner with her grandparents and then came back for a bit. She held Anna several times!

And she kissed her....

Mommy & the girls!

Daddy had some one on one time with Anna. We have a picture of him holding Ashlyn in that same chair. It is pretty cool...both of the girls were born at St. Francis in room 5!

I could stare at this picture all day...it makes my heart melt!!!

Day two! We only stayed at the hospital for one night. The morning was pretty busy. The doctors were there to check on Anna &I had to attend a class before I could be discharged.

Mommy's coworkers, Sue, Cara, and Karen, came to see Anna. Meme and Popa came back, too. They brought Lauren with them. Nana and Papa brought Ashlyn back after lunch. we were excited to be going home...as a family of 4! Ashlyn stayed very close to Anna & helped Rick get her ready to go home.


Snug as a bug!

Checking out...let the adventure begin!

No comments: