Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Weekend-Only as fun as you MAKE it!

We were a bit disappointed that Rick had to work with the Reserves all weekend, but it actually turned out to be OK. Rick was awesome & managed to hang out each night, even though I know he was exhausted. Ashlyn and I had coffee with the neighbors, went to a playgroup Birthday party, met Aunt Glenda for lunch, went shopping (but, of course!)church, brunch..... Ash is such great company!!!
Playing in the jungle gym at Charlie's Birthday.
Ash went through all of the tunnels and mazes by herself. It was so cute! She got to the end, saw the huge twirly slide & decided absolutely NOT!!! She turned around quicker than anything & headed back to the bottom!
Notice Ashlyn's direction...we were all singing & Jennifer started towards the table with Charlie's cake. Ash went from clapping to "on a mission" in less than a half a second. Before I could bend over to catch her, she was on the other side of the table...with a BIG grin!
Happy Birthday dear Charlie..."Hey, look over there for a minute!" Charlie was trying to enjoy his "smash cake" on his 1st Birthday, but I have a feeling that Ashlyn had a different plan for the occasion! If you have spent any time with her in the past couple of months, you KNOW that she has become quite the trickster and teaser! She had the look in her eyes as Charlie was eating. She even glanced at me a couple of times to see if I was paying attention to what she was up to...Yes Ash, Mommy knows how you work!!!

A couple of the moms from play group were egging her on, so I decided it was best to scoop her up & move to the opposite side of the table.

I was so proud of Ashlyn! She was the only kid at the party to eat all by herself...Wait, maybe I was the only Mom crazy enough to let this potential mess occur...either way, she did great!!!
YES, it is October, and YES, it has been in the 80's, and YES our rose bushes are bigger and better than EVER!!! Go figure! It has been awesome. Rick keeps the vases in the house full for us!

I MUST check this out!
Hey Dad, can I help?
Ouch, ouch, ouch...Daddy these flowers HURT!!! Look at my finger!!! Maybe I should take a hint from Bono & just watch!?!


"he a Smat Dawg!" Ha Ha

No comments: