Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Day....

This is one of my favorite pictures of Rick & Ash. Ash & Rick on one of the fishing docks....we plan on going back when it warms up
(and the tide is high),
as we are going to catch a BIG one out there! Checking out the fiddler crabs. There were tons! Ash, Bono & I on the way down to the dock. Since Rick is on a 7 and 7 schedule now, we try to plan a family day before he leaves each week for work. This past week, we decided to go to the park at Alhambra, however, when we arrived with Bono, we could not stay. I completely forgot they do not allow dogs. After driving around for a bit, I remembered a park that one of my residents once took me to. It was dedicated to her and her husband for their services to the Mt. Pleasant community years and years ago. (My residents always explained things that way..."years and years ago") Apparently they were the first doctor and nurse in the area & they made house calls....she would stay with the really sick folks for days. Anyway, we found the park and we found the historical marker telling all about them, as well as one telling about the bridge, etc. This will probably be one of our new favorite spots....there are so many here!

No comments: